April 8, 2011

Slow Down

Stressed out, running late, racing down the interstate
Spilled hot coffee, down the front of my jeans
It's work, work, pay the rent, money and my time's spent
Not a minute left for me to be me


Been going like nothing can wait

I gotta get my priorities straight


I need to live a little, have some fun

Take some time, waste it on number one
Find a girl that brings my whole world to a stop
Live a little, love a lot
I've been thinking...(I know..now is the time for you to gasp and say "NO WAY!") and I think that the more life goes on, the faster it goes, and the more stressed out everyone becomes. But I am just wondering, why do we all let that happen? Why don't we take the time to live a little and love a lot?

We live in a world of fast paced chaos. We have fast food, and we get upset when we have to wait 3 minutes at a drive through. We all have cars, and therefore we never even think about the people around us and around the world who have to walk places. We have high speed internet, and God forbid if it ever gets slow, because we might have a heart attack if it does. We have self checkouts at the grocery store, because the lady at the register was getting too slow for us. The list goes on.

What I really hate about living in the city is that no one takes time to do anything out of the normal. I mean, what did people who didn't have the internet, cell phones and cars do before us? FUN THINGS! They went fishing, hiking, rock climbing, swimming, boating, kayaking, exploring, walking, they went OUTSIDE to find something to do. I wonder again and again, what is going to happen to us all who have jobs that are indoors. If we never are exposed to the sunlight, we may very well shrivel up. (haha)
 
Yeah, I know you may think it's weird that I like the song above and all, but I do. (you should know that I'm a country girl by now.)
I would like to go on an adventure. Just get in my car (with my camera) and drive. I want to experience new things. I want to get out and see the world. There is so much of it to be seen. Now of course, nothing is possible without money. That's always the dilemma. But if everyone did this in the world, there would be no need for money! And yes, I know there are people who are perfectly content in their own little world. But I am not that kind of person.

Since I am a legal adult now..(oh yeah!) I am going to take road trips several times a year. :) Yeah..I know that won't bode to well with my family, but so what? I can't stand the fast pace of life anymore. It's time to
 
S          L          O          W           D          O          W          N

Breathe in and out SLOWLY. Okay, did you get that? Take the time today to slow down and just THINK about some things before rushing right into them. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment: