November 16, 2010

DON'T Disappear

On a day like this I want to crawl beneath a rock
A million miles from the world, the noise, the commotion
That never seems to stop


And on a day like this I want to run away from the routine
Run away from the daily grind that can suck the life
Right out of me
I only know of one place I can run to


I want to hide in You
The Way, the Life, the Truth
So I can disappear
And love is all there is to see
Coming out of me
And You become clear
As I disappear


I don't want to care about earthly things
Be caught up in all the lies that trick my eyes
They say it's all about me
I'm so tired of it being about me

I want to hide in You
The Way, the Life, the Truth
So I can disappear
And love is all there is to see
Coming out of me
And You become clear
As I disappear 

I would rather be cast away
Separated from the human race
If I don't bring You glory
If I don't bring You glory
If I don't bring You glory

I want to hide in You
The Way, the Life, the Truth
So I can disappear
And love is all there is to see
Coming out of me
And You become clear
As I disappear


Tonight, I went to a study on the Holy Spirit. And no matter how many times I feel like disappearing, God will look down and say "Oh, isn't that cute. You just want me to be clear to you? Why are you trying to disappear? You should be out there helping all the other people in the world who are poor, starving, lost without me. Who cares about you disappearing? It only gratifies you."

Ok, he didn't really say that, but can't you hear those words? There isn't anything really wrong with trying to disappear to spend time with God, but what does He command? Help the poor, feed the hungry. For by doing it to the least of these, you've done it to Me. No more trying to disappear! You won't solve any problems that way!

So what about the Holy Spirit? Where does He come in? Well, Jesus said He must go quickly, so that one who will be with us always may come. Who would you rather be with? Jesus, or the Holy Spirit? I know I'd say right away JESUS! Duh!

Wrong answer.

Jesus wasn't here forever, but the Holy Spirit is! I know when you think about it, Jesus is still here because He and the Holy Spirit are like the same. Just in different forms.

Think about it. The Holy Spirit is like Jesus in us. Not us trying to be Jesus. If we try to be Jesus, we'll fail miserably. We already have the potential and the power from the Holy Spirit to do miraculous things. We just have to find it. We have it from the moment of salvation when the Holy Spirit enters our souls.

One thing we were talking about tonight is how a "baby" Christian has just as much power as an "adult" Christian. If not more! We dull ourselves soo much that we forget about the Holy Spirit. We forget that we have the power to do great and mighty things for God! And yet, even the "baby" Christians have that same power we have even though they haven't read much of the Bible, or prayed, or really discussed any issues of the faith. They have the same power to defend.

Tell me your thoughts! I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with trying to be like Christ. The word "Christian" itself means "little Christ". Yes, if we do try to be like Christ on our own, we'll fail. We'd even fail with the Holy Spirit's help, because we are a flawed, sinful people. And it's not so much the conscious trying to be like Christ as it is the Holy Spirit working on a soul. I'll readily admit that I sin on a regular basis, it's an addiction that I struggle with every day. I know it's wrong, and I hate that I can't control my own desires, but the very fact that I feel bad after every offense gives me hope. The reason I feel bad is because the Spirit is working on my heart and my soul and telling me that I'm doing wrong and I need to do something about it. The desire to do good and to not sin given to us by the Holy Spirit leads to a person trying to be "like Christ".

    I just took up a ton of space to say that trying to be like Christ is of the Holy Spirit, and I hope it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete