May 10, 2012

"I won't give you more than you can take" {Day 2}

"Who you are ain't what your going through


So don't let it get the best of you
Cause God knows everything you need, so you ain't gotta worry


You may be knocked down now
but just believe what He said, He said
I won't give you more, more then you can take
and I might let you bend, but I won't let you break
and No-o-o-o-o, I'll never ever let you go-o-o-o-o
Don't you forget what He said."

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

I have been reminded today of how true this verse is.

Today, God performed a miracle that when I arrived at the Apple Store in Pittsburgh, my Mac miraculously started working again in the way it's supposed to. I found out that if I would have had to get it repaired, it would've cost me about $200. Which..I don't have. And I am so thankful that I don't have to put myself in more debt with this.

THEN...
oh yes it gets better..

At my photo shoot tonight, I arrived to find out that a very dear friend (who is from church) was there.
She and I talked and talked.
I really believe that God puts the right people into our lives at the right moments. And this was one of those moments. I can't wait to hang out with her this summer. It's going to be awesome. :)

But anyhow...this morning before I jumped into the busy day, I read 1 Kings 2.
To summarize, that's the chapter where King Solomon is ruling, and two women come to him, and how the one woman accuses the other of stealing her baby in the night, because she had suffocated him.

King Solomon's response to it was 'Well lets cut the baby in half then.' and to that, the real mother of the child, who didn't want to see her baby die, stood up and said, 'No, she can have him if you are going to do that.' And because of what she said, the King knew that she was his rightful mother, because she cared about her child.

It goes on to say about the wisdom of Solomon, and how he knew to propose the solution which would bring them an answer. That wisdom which can only come from God is just unfathomable. Everyone says that King Solomon is known for the wisdom God gave him, yet he still corrupted himself in the end.

Even still...what would it be like to have wisdom like that?

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

WOAH. What?

God gives out wisdom like that if you ask???

Gee, I'm asking right now then.

But seriously, the Bible says it. I'd take advantage of that if I were you. That's one promise of God that we can all take a hold of at any time.

I don't know about you, but I could use some wisdom right about now.

God is faithful, not only to give wisdom, but that first verse up there, 1 Cor. 10:13, He won't give you anything that you can't handle. So when I think I'm not strong enough, um..yeah..God thinks I am. When I am ready to give up, heck no, God is right there saying "You can do this. I promise you can. I promise you will make it through. And because I promised that, it will be fulfilled. You can count on it. Don't take life into your own hands when you think you can't go on. Just give it to Me. I already know you can survive what I put on your plate today, and tomorrow, and the rest of your life. So just accept it. You'll understand one day."

And that's all for today. I am really looking forward to what God has planned out for tomorrow. I am excited.
(yes..me excited..I know that's so rare. :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment