May 14, 2012

It's The Death Of Me {Day 5}

Starting the day off by going to church is a great thing. But when you go to get in your car after church, and you bash your head off the side as you're getting in, well that's like a bad omen for the rest of the day.

Between splitting headaches, pure exhaustion, and oh yeah..it's mother's day so there are people here, I was worn out.

After lunch, I took a long nap. I couldn't even think straight. I think my brain moved.

I think the sermon Pastor Ron gave this morning was meant for me. 5 ways to become depressed, and 5 ways that God tries to change you through it. Amen. It was really good.

Then the part of the day comes that I don't want to think about anything, but instead just drown out all noise and thoughts that are in my head. So it's time to blare music. Choice for today? Royal Tailor, who I saw in concert a month ago. Mike lent me the cd this morning. So it was perfect.

"Lost, I was wandering around
Hoping I could find a place
I'd be more than just a face in the crowd

I heard one day You came
Turned the lost into the saved
Now You're showing me the way
All along I've been believing I was living

But now that I'm free, I finally see
Livings's worth dying for
Buried with You
You're making me new

The old me's dead and gone
This is the death of me
...
Your words were just ink on a page
Always so hard to believe
Until You revealed to me that
Your love stepped into the world

Now my past has been erased
'Cause You saved me with your grace, Your grace
All along I've been believing I was living

But now that I'm free, I finally see
Livings's worth dying for
Buried with You
You're making me new

The old me's dead and gone
This is the death of me
...
No more holding on to all my secrets
No more living with these broken pieces
Now my life's been changed
...
Today is a new day
And I'll never be the same
No, no no

It's the death of me."


If you can read that and not be shaken by the power of what that means, then you must be a robot or something. That's called "Death of Me" by Royal Tailor by the way...

I was reading yesterday how God promised Solomon that if He would worship Him alone, and not serve any other God's, and honor Him, He would never let the temple fall, or Solomon's house. But if he did not obey God's commands, God would remove Himself from the temple, and it would fall and people and generations would come by and see the ruins and say (1kings9:9) "Because they abandoned the Lord their God who brought their fathers out of the land of Egypt and laid hold on other gods and worshiped them and served them. Therefore the Lord has brought all this disaster on them."

God promised Solomon all these things if he would just follow His simple commands, and He told him exactly what would happen if he disobeyed. You can't say that God didn't know that Solomon would break His commands...He told him the future and it's consequences. And it happened. God never breaks His word.

And for that, I am glad and terrified at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment